Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Walden to Kremmling Co - 79 miles

So have I introduced you to my navigation team? Below is a picture of my handlebar bag with a map holder. Note that my copilots are both holding beers😁


Dinner in Walden with biking buddy's 

Thunderstorms lingered into the evening in Walden.  The thought of pitching a tent in the rain wasn't very appealing, so we all setup in the town gazebo. Bikes and tents crazy. 

Morning looks more promising. Early start to avoid t-storms. 

Long stretch of riding w/o services today, someone was kind to leave us water. 

Nice view in CO. 

Second highest altitude of the tour. Willow Creek Pass. 9683'

I think they should call this the divide, don't you think? It was about one mile away from the sign. 

Dropped through a nice pass after lunch. 

Met these guys heading west on the TA (transAm) Emily, Colin and Sorin.  Emily joined the guys about 4 weeks ago a very strong rider. From Kansas, the other two from Canada and Seattle. Shared some trail stories and what to expect coming up. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Dreux, Thought I try sending another comment, haven't had much success so I've been texting. Looks like your heading to the Atlantic, so are we. Up to the Cape for the 4th. Love the photos and reading up on the adventures.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve- I hope you are enjoying your trip as much as I am. Too bad I was in Guilford when you pass through. I would have enjoy offering you a shower and the washing machine. I now realize the value of the shower and clean clothes.
      Safe travels.

      Delete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...