Thursday, July 9, 2015

Nickerson to Newton, KS - 51 miles

Started off early in the KS fog. 

Who says there is nothing to see in KS

Thunderstorms will be threatening for the next couple of days. Decided to stay at the Newton bike shop and stay dry tonight. Besides free beer from the tap 😬

Got my faulty cable replaced, a new chain and my laundry done. 

This is a one of a kind bike shop. TransAm rider get first priority on bike service, a complete hostel with kitchen, hot showers, bunk room .... did I mention the beer. The only bike shop I'm aware that has a bike wash. 

For you Tom - 

Got to love these small towns. Got talking with Galen in front of the bike shop. 89 years old and ride 5 hours a day. He also has a Part time job. Was married for 65 years, wife passed 2 years ago now all the ladies are chasing him. I would have guessed 70 years of age. 

Faster than a locomotive. They come through town every hour. 

Local beer with my pizza 

1 comment:

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...