Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Maysville, KY to Portsmouth, OH - 78 miles - new state

Still winging it but continue heading north and east. Heavy rain last night but who cares. I pitched my tent under the gazebo along with my bike. Extremely lucky on the weather for this trip. I can live with hot and sticky. 

New state alert. Made it to Ohio today. 

Scoped out The town of Portsmouth for camping and shower with limited success. I was about to ride out to the next town when I noticed a bike tourer heading into the laundry mat...... pay dirt. 4 guys riding across Ohio. Camping at the marina with showers!  
News alert for my touring friends, marinas are a great resource when near water. I should be set for the next several nights as I ride along the Ohio River. My new Ohio friends should guide to PA. Thank you Shawnee boat club. 

I wasn't aware of the major flooding in this  area several weeks ago. Still cleaning up the mess. The river is a muddy brown. 

I guess this retaining flood wall has purpose and not just art. 



2 comments:

  1. Out in the wilds now, eh? Stay frosty.

    What's your ETA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll know better when I get into the PA climbs. About 500 miles to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...