Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sebree, KY to Elisabethtown, KY

Super hot and humidity today is off the charts. Seems to sap your strength. 

Real nice to reconnect with the brother sister team, Brian and Britney as well as Ralph and Pam Serpico. Brian and Britney traveled on the Katy trail which runs north of the TA. We are now heading east together. 
I met Ralph and Pam on the TA and they offered to have us as guest when we get near their home which is 10 miles off trail. My experience in KY continues to be amazing. Ralph was kind enough to pick me up today and Pam prepared a great dinner and desert. Did I mention the local brew! Thankyou for the great hospitality! Ralph agreed to lead us out and ride a while with us. 

I'm getting close to home .... crossed the last time zone change, back on east coast time. Another lost hour. 

Saw this guy sun bathing on the road today. Sorry for no perspective on its size. Trust me, it was so big I was not getting off my bike. 
Any snake experts out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...