Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ellington, MO - Chester, IL 109 miles New State

Up before the alarm. Left my new friend fast asleep, they were only riding 55 miles today so likely sleeping in. I have my sights on Chester, IL 100+ miles. 

There has been a consistent theme of bad timing on this trip for me.  It's been closed bike shops, events in the visiting towns, a donut shop that hasn't closed in over 10 years etc. even someone who I was riding with for several days said, "you do have poor timing as we visited somewhere that was closed." Today it was the bike shop in Farmington, MO 
Who closes a bike shop on wed?
Then it was the brewery
Was looking forward to do a tasting .... pedal on. 
For you Tom - these flowers were at least 9" wide. 

Crossed some river with lots of s's and i's in its name. 

New State -

Chester IL, the home of Popeye

The fraternal order of Eagles has a setup for cyclist oasis. Bunk room for 7 with A/C, showers and an on prem. restaurant & bar .... it doesn't get any better. 

 

3 comments:

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...