Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Portsmouth, OH to Gallipolis, OH 97 miles

Just to finish my thoughts on last night in Portsmouth. 
The after dinner ice cream was perfect. They have been there since 1942. 

Here are my OH buds doing a week long trip across OH. Each year they pick a new route. 
My kind of buds, a few beers to review the day. 

For you Tom. 

Really nice morning, cool and dry!  

Note of caution on my new discovery, a marina for camping and showers. Here's the formula - boaters = drinking and loud voices. A Tuesday night and our boating friends had lots to talk about until 1 in the morning. The gist of the night, I love you brother and I have your f^+=•*+ back. Now let's drink early and often and drive home. Oh well live and learn. 

Real nice riding along the Ohio River. Locks and dam. Can see KY and WV all day. 

Gallipolis, OH - 2 for 2 staying at a boat club thanks to the Chamber of Commerce and the husband of the director, Dave. This marina looks tam. Let's hope. 

Interesting history on this town and why it was created. I'll let you Wiki at your convenience. 

1 comment:

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...