Friday, July 24, 2015

Sardis, OH to New Eagle PA - 96 miles

Doris from the B&B was so nice to me. First thing in the morning, she offered me coffee, fresh fruit and muffins, home made! I wish her the best on her upcoming doctors visit. 

Fracking is a hot item in this area. Lots of activity. Oh, Wv and Pa, this is the hot bed. Lots of truck activity. I'm hoping it's good for the communities and not just a select few. Staging area. 

Beautiful morning, nice and cool. 

Good to meet Deby for breakfast. Deby and I worked together for years at OSI. Unreal that my last minute route selection brought me within several miles of her home. 

Hanging out with Mingo who looks over Wheeling, WV

Stopped in at Wheelcraft to check tire pressure and get some local knowledge on the PA route S. Crazy thing, the owner was Andrew, the mechanic was Drew and the customer was Dreux. 

Hey, look what I found. 
 
Neat history on the road I traveled today, kinda  like a Route 66 buy way older.

My streak continues, 3 for 3 for hot shower and place to pitch tent. Thanks to my fellow OH bike brothers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...