Friday, June 19, 2015

Back to the forest

Started the early morning peddling through Payette National Forest. Good to be back in forest. The smells from the big pines early in the morning was delightful. 

Eva from Switzerland is heading West bound. No helmet, crazy Swiss. Her bike was weighed, 89 lbs!!
 

I met Kathy & Mark traveling west to east. They are both from the SanFran area. We're camping at the same area tonight. 

Setting up camp on the Salmon River. Soaked my legs, and ass for 15 minutes in the cold River water, it felt great. It's been hot. 


Stopped into the Silver Dollar to wet my whistle after camp was set up.  $1.25 for a pint draft in a frosted glass.  Everyone was smoking. I was advised to eat across the street. You grab a beer and cross the street for dinner. It's a hoot. Going miss this weekends rodeo, locals say it's a good one. 
For you Tom

I guess someone is ready for the big flood 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like your enjoying Idaho! Got my boaters license today... I'll call that last picture an extreme example of running aground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory's Ark. Too many $1.25 Keystone beers.

    ReplyDelete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...