Thursday, July 30, 2015

New York City to Guilford, CT 98 miles, via Port Jeff Ferry. The urban jungle out of Manhattan.

Wow the last ride of this adventure. I feel like I've experienced every possible form of riding - flat, wind, smooth roads, no roads, mud, 30 plus mile climbs, 20 miles of dead straight roads, curves, switch-backs etc. now the challenge of the urban jungle. I wasn't ready for the traffic lights. Stop and start every hundred yards for traffic lights! Okay, a few California rolls.  

Total New York stuff, bagels and the Brooklyn Bridge. 




My ride to CT. 

My lead out guy to bring it home. Thanks Paul for greeting me and the home turf flag. 

Paul and I stopped at the house I grew up in Bridgeport. 514 Carrol Ave. Not such a good section of town. I don't believe they have ever seen much spandex. A few odd looks. 

Really nice to see everyone at the house tonight .... thank you for everything. 

Home sweet home. 
 
Stay tuned for my post ride wrap-up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...