Tuesday, July 28, 2015

East Lancaster, PA to Washington Crossing, NJ - 103 miles

Up and out early, could have been the gun shot at 5:00. My guess is a farmer protecting the herd from a predator ..... I hope. 

I did come across other Amish sects that use bicycles. Mostly younger folks. 
There was a funeral today, lots of Buggy's and bikes to the church. No pics from me out of respect. 


I got to enjoy several counties off the beaten path to see the Amish living day to day. Lots of flowers and industrial size clothes lines. The garments are hung with precision. A backyard view. 

I thought I was in Europe. 

The Route S trail just gets better, the Schuylkill trail was shaded and no cars. Perfect mid day.  

George Washington should have picked a day  like today instead of a cold Christmas morning. This would be the location less the bridge .... and cars. 


Did I mention a new state 

Special shout out to Tom and Jane for being kind trusting souls. My last night of camping was going to be stealth. Camping in a state park which offers no camping. There were no options in the area. I met Tom and Jane having dinner and they offered to have me stay at their home. Wanting to keep my sleeping on an air-pad alive, I pitched my tent on the front lawn. A real nice neighborhood so the neighbors will be talking! Jane will enjoy the gossip. I did shower and enjoy a nightcap. Great conversation and special people. Thank you for your generosity and continuing my renewed faith the humanity. 

Sunset over the Delaware River

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...