Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Map

Up and at it early this morning. I was advised of 10 miles of chip-seal to deal with. After 5 miles, not too bad Beverly asked me to throw the bike in the truck (pilot truck) to get me past the fresh tar. 
Obviously Bev get my jokes. 

New map today, still in OR but close to Idaho. 

Stopped in Baker City for breakfast, 30 miles already in, well deserved. Becoming addicted to pancakes. Town is named for the only senator kill in action. 
One big climb today, 6 miles and steep. 

Very dry out here 

Laundry day today, next to camp sight. 
Entering Hells Canyon tomorrow morning. Warned of the high temps recorded here!! Glad I have one climb then I head in. If i leave  by 5:00 I should be fine. This time of year the lows are 70 degrees, last night below 40 where I camped ..... thus the name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...