Sunday, June 21, 2015

White Bird Climb - 14 miles!

Left White Bird with a 13 mile climb. Treated to a fine view of the valley. 

In a very remote area at the summit there was a B&B. The horses looked looked real happy in the early morning sun. 

29 miles and I ready for my usual breakfast, pancakes, and eggs. The meat was a treat today. A little skimpy on the pancake!


Me John,Tyler,Chararih and Buddy  the dog. Real nice folks, didn't have enough money to buy gas to go to the top is the 50 mile pass, but didn't hesitate to offer me a fresh grilled Bratwurst. 


For you Tom - 

Found this camp site on the Lochsa River, perfect location to soak my legs and butt. Even with low snow melt this year, all the rivers have fast currents. 

The next couple of days I'll be on the Lewis and Clark trail. I am now see how difficult it would have been to navigate and deal with the Indians. 

Big day tomorrow, a 70+ miles climb over LoLo Pass. If I make 57 mile to Powell I'll be thrilled. This is the real deal, no services for 66 miles. I've packed a few extra cans of sardines.  

1 comment:

  1. Smelling that Lavender from New Hampshire. Do you miss me?

    ReplyDelete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...