Sunday, June 21, 2015

Last stop in Idaho

Early start to climb towards Lolo Pass. All day was up. 56 miles of up. Magnificent scenery along the Lachsa River. 
Special treat today, stopes at Jerry Johnson hot springs. About a mile hike but well worth it. 104 degrees, crystal clear. A local person was leaving when I got there.... all to my self. 

9 more miles to destination, Powell a long ride. Over Lolo pass, 18 mile and I'll be in Montana. Now it's due south to Yellowstone. 
Lots of cyclist spending the night in Powell. With   no services for many miles, you have to plan your stops, this being a main one. Free space to pitch a tent and $5 showers, life is good. You quickly learn to appreciate the simple things like a shower and a warm  sleeping bag. 
No internet or phone service for several days. There was a pay phone but with cell phones I had no idea how to use. 

Disappointed to miss Ed Kost birthday party. Tried to call but no phone service. I was thinking of what a great resource Ed would be with his years of RV'ing. I'm sure he has been on these roads on the past. Happy birthday Ed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...