Monday, June 29, 2015

Landers, WY

Back in civilization with cell service. Large open areas with no services. The locals use a local mobile network. 

Lander, Wy was an excellent stop over. The town park, City Park welcomes all cyclist for camping.

  The Community Center has pool, hot tub and showers.... yea. 

Mountain side climbing out of Lander. 

Oil rig. Wyoming is known for one of the first oil wells. 

The irony, I was riding in hundred of acres of wilderness and up comes a traffic light due to construction. 10 minutes of waiting, resting for the light to change. Funny to see a traffic light out here. 

Top of this mornings climb 

This evening digs in Jeffery City. A Baptist Church. Cyclist came pouring in. About 12 or more cyclists. Lots of different directions. 2 guys from CT. Just graduated from Southern CT

A special thanks to my love ..... no, not my bike but Mona. Letting me ride and tour while she is holding down the fort. Thank you honey. I'm heading home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...