Saturday, June 27, 2015

Tetons, wow

A look-back at the Tetons this morning. 

Only one other place The Tetons compares to from my perspective and that's is the Grand Canyon. You want to keep staring at the beauty. 

Still zig zagging the continental divide but at higher elevations. Meeting folks poping out of the woods for food and drink. 

The air is getting thinners up here. This 16 mile climb, Togwotee Pass tops out at 9584'. I fired the photographer, fingers, no excuse. Back to the trusted tripod. 

For you Tom

Heading south from Teton National Park, beautiful painted rock. 
Hot today and hotter Sunday , no rain ..... Ya. 

Don't ask but I need to find an eye glass shop .... ran over my eyeglass case, nothing broke but I need an frame adjustment. 

6 comments:

  1. Yellowstone and Grand Teton NPs have of the most amazing sights! Heading out there in 10 days to climb those mountains - too bad our days didn't overlap! Mt Hayes isn't on my list, but thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, enjoy your adventure and let's hope the weather is as good for you.

      Delete
  2. Very Pretty. Thank You.

    I believe that is Arrowleaf Balsamroot.

    Can you get a picture of the moon over the mountains? Or a big starry night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try Tom but the challenge is I've been going to bed before the sun goes down ..... Pooped. May when I get up to use the boys room in the middle of the night!

      Delete
  3. Dreux- catching up on all your blog posts! Looks like an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all the stories!

    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, it's been a blast. I'm sure you and Kevin are busy with the new home. Enjoy

      Delete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...