Monday, June 15, 2015

More Climbing

3 passes in a row today, lots of climbing., real nice views. 

The last several days have been beautiful, vast open space. The high plains are cattle and horse territory with grass field to support them. I would say 1000 to 1, cows to people. There are real cowboys out here. 
When you stop and listen, it's scary quite in the middle of the day. 
The climbs in the mountains are vast National forest. No development at all. 
I'm glad the Surly is behaving, a mechanical issue out there would be an interesting AAA call. 
Traded in the Surly, let give this a try. 


Arrived in Sumpter, OR to pitch a tent. Yea, hot shower. Pop.  201. In 1887 pop.was over 2000, gold rush. 
Nice sunset. Weather has been perfect. 40's in the morning and warming up to mid 80s. I was advise as I head East, it will warm up quickly. 



1 comment:

  1. The picture of you on the Conestoga wagon ... makes me think of Gulliver's Travels. Or Paul Bunyan. Have you seen any blue oxen?

    ReplyDelete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...