Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finally riding my bike

First mile of journey was straight up to Astoria column monument. Most disappointing when I saw that it was shrouded for repairs. Started talking with John (Cooper his dog) who is one of the caretakers of the monument. John climbs the 200 plus steps everyday. John served for us and was a pilot. There was a bridge closure on the route and john provided directions. He must have realized I'm a knucklehead and guided through the many turns. Great to start the trip with a trail angel. 





My first dog encounter, I decided to out run the beast. A tall order on a loaded touring bike. A real risk taker! When I looked over my shoulder, I realized the dog had 3 legs. Can't make a this stuff up. 

Tom, these 2 pics are for you. Stopping to smell the flowers. I was on the Lewis and Clarke Trail, very quite except the hundreds of bees working. 



The Oregon coast line is unreal. 



For my riding buddies, any of these in a CT? 


75 miles today with lots of bike adjustments due to assembly. 

Camping on the coast. This pic was taken 30 yards from my site. A whole section for hiker/bikers only. Sleeping to the sounds of waves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...