Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Repair Day

Repair day. Ilene, aka trail angel picked me up at 8:00 am for a 2 hour ride to Helena for bike repairs. Ilene was heading there to service her bike and offered to give me and my bike a ride. Again, thank you Kathy and Ilene for your help! I hope you have a great (cool) ride this weekend. 


We arrived @ 10:00 and Cody was ready for me. The Garage in Helena, Mt. are the best.

 Fixed my bottom bracket and gave the bike once over. Thank you. 

We drove back and Ilene had me back on the road. Good to be back on the bike and proceeded to Ennis, a real nice town.

 For a total of 47 miles, a productive half day. 

Entered through Madison valley after climbing Virginia City pass. The picture doesn't show the beauty of the valley. 

Camping on the Madison River. Nice cold clean water to wash up after riding. 

Met Bill and Jeanne at the Gravel Bar who were visiting their daughter, Kristine who is the bartender while going to school. Bill is experienced at bike touring an provide good advice and great stories. Real nice family. Bill is 70 years of age but really looks 60 at most. Heading home to Seattle in the morning. 
Odd picture because we were having ice cream at these giant picnic tables. They are normal height. Bill is in the process of planning his next bike adventure. 

Tomorrow I'll be heading to West Yellowstone. Bill tells me I'm in for great ride. 

Off to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. We are really enjoying your blog. Following you every day or two. Be safe.

    Tom and Jane

    ReplyDelete

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...