Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Test of Endurance


Much of the excitement of this adventure in addition to seeing our great country at 12 mph and meeting people alone the route is testing my endurance. 
I find satisfaction from testing my limits and seeing what I'm able to accomplish both mentally and physically. Determining how long I can stay in the saddle and how many miles I can rack will be a great test. What I'm not prepared for is the separation from Ramona. We have been married 30 plus years (I'll figure the exact number of years, promise) and in that time, I don't believe we have spent more than a week separated. I'm afraid  there is no training to prepare us for this. I don't look forward to spending week after week without Mona's guidance, love, idiosyncrasies and companionship. I know Mona will miss hearing from me how she is always right!
I'll miss Mallory as well, but as parents, we force ourself to give our children distance and let them grow. No longer do we get to enjoy Mallory about the house on a daily basis. This is the one time I'm glad millennial's preferred method of communication is texting which, I'll have easy access to most of the trip. 
My only plan I came up with is to continue to annoy Mona from now until June 9th where she will be more than ready to get rid of me. 
I'm glad I elected to ride west to east so that I'm always getting closer to home. Less than 30 days away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ride Thoughts

Mindset for the trip - Whether a good day or a sucky day ...... you are riding a bicycle! I kept this thought throughout the trip and shared...